Have you been to a PAMP Blanket Babies home playdate? New parents bring their young infants and gather together in the comfort of a member’s home.
Kate Babington is one of the parents volunteering to host Blanket Babies. Kate says, “Moms of young infants, some first time moms and some veterans, gather to talk about the joys and stresses of the early months while sharing about their activities, travel, baby products, family, doctor visits and any number of things.”
"It's a good way to meet several new moms and build relationships with those you have most in common with,” Kate continues. “And it's a very forgiving environment, should your baby be out-of-sorts or extra sleepy, or should you need to arrive late/leave early, pump, or breastfeed."
Kate has been a member of PAMP for about a year. She and her infant son Anders enjoy connecting with Blanket Babies families at other activities, too, like music classes and swimming lessons. When Kate returns to work, she says she “will enjoy connecting with the mothers I have met on my days off."
1. What is the last non-kid movie you saw? Nell.
2. Are you a Bay Area native or transplant? Transplant. I've lived here 10 years.
3. What’s at the top of your to-do list? Savor the rest of maternity leave!
4. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? Snuffleupagus.
5. Why are you a PAMP volunteer? I enjoy spending time with other moms and look forward to the programs continuing.
These super fun home playdates have become quite popular. Be sure to RSVP to save your space if you plan to attend!
PAMP is always looking for other members to host playdates. It’s super easy, and it’s a great way to make new friends. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.