Ginny Badros is the PAMP Playgroup Coordinator for the North Los Altos Playgroup. Her job involves administering the group, coordinating member events and moderating the group’s forums and postings.
This playgroup uses Facebook groups to communicate about activities. “I post park or home playdates to encourage company for my kids and others,” she says. Playgroup members also post their own playdates, events and other topics. Ginny often organizes and communicates regular Mom’s Night Out events for the group as well.
“What I love about being the PAMP North Los Altos Playgroup Coordinator is experiencing myself and my children meeting and making new friends and lasting friendships,” Ginny said.
Telling us about her latest accomplishments and goals at home, Ginny says, “Teaching my 3 ½ year old his first knock-knock joke – now he won’t stop telling it; potty-training my two-year-old; getting back into playing piano and performing at my first recital since fifth grade! My mid-term goal is to complete building our family’s Los Altos Hills forever home by mid - 2017!”
Ginny lives in Los Altos and has been a PAMP member for almost four years. Her family consists of Jax (3.5 years), Alexis Jade (2 years), Baby #3 coming next year and two adults who are kids at heart!
1. What is the last non-kid movie you saw? Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015).
2. Are you a Bay Area native or transplant? Transplant. I was born in the big city of Guangzhou, China, then immigrated to the small city of Duluth, GA, and transplanted to the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area in 2006.
3. What’s at the top of your to-do list? Making a decision on the toilets to install for the forever home that I’m building in Los Altos Hills.
4. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? Cookie Monster -- so obstinately focused and goal-driven while being incredibly huggable at the same time … what’s not to love? Plus, he is perpetually surrounded by delicious cookie treats - Yum!
5. Why are you a PAMP volunteer? I view it as a wonderful opportunity for myself and for my kids to meet and make new friends and to establish lasting friendships.