Helping to keep people happy may seem a daunting task for some, but Elizabeth Fashing welcomes the challenge with open arms. As Membership Manager for PAMP, Elizabeth says, “I am responsible for for keeping our members happy!” She responds to member questions, invites and recruits new members, runs member reports for the Board and performs any other task that concerns membership satisfaction.
“I’ve been out of the work force since my son arrived, so I appreciate that this is a position where I can re-hone my administrative skills, get more involved in the PAMP community and also set my own schedule around taking care of my son.”
Elizabeth also manages PAMP volunteers and coordinates outreach to members to recruit them for volunteer opportunities. Additionally, she manages some of the administrative turnover for the Board when new officers begin their roles.
“I just recently joined the PAMP staff, so my goals are to find ways to streamline as much of the membership process as possible, work with other PAMP staff and the board to expand our membership and heighten awareness of PAMP in the community,” Elizabeth says. “I also help our members find ways to connect to each other.”
Checking email for member and community inquiries, looking at any upcoming events to see if volunteers are needed and troubleshooting technical issues members may have with their accounts are some usual day-to-day tasks for the Membership Manager.
Elizabeth and her husband relocated to the West coast from North Carolina. They have lived in the Bay area for almost a year and have a two-year-old son. She became a PAMP member shortly after moving to the area. Her husband is a software engineer, and besides working with PAMP, she instructs baby and me fitness classes.
1. What is the last non-kid movie you saw? I think the last one we watched was X-Men 2: Days of Future Past.
2. Are you a Bay Area native or transplant? We are originally from the East Coast; we spent a little over a year in San Diego before moving to the Bay area in Summer 2014.
3. What’s at the top of your to-do list? I’d like to get some summer vacations planned!
4. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? We don’t watch Sesame Street, but my son does like Dinosaur Train. King Cryolophosaurus is my favorite.
5. Why are you a PAMP volunteer (or staff)? Initially, I joined PAMP to meet others in the community since we were new to the area. When I saw that the Membership Manager position was open, I thought it would be a great opportunity to dip my toes back into the workforce and also become more involved with PAMP.
Each month we train the spotlight on someone who works behind the scenes for PAMP. Interested in joining the ranks? Browse our open volunteer positions and apply today!