As a Mom’s Night Out (MNO) volunteer, Christine Moon works to understand the types of things that might bring the PAMP community together, and she then execute those ideas via social events. “I think it’s a great two-for-one deal,” she says. “I get to assess great social outings that may be enjoyable experiences for PAMP members as well as promote local businesses.”
Christine recently organized a MNO event at Xerciselab in Palo Alto. “The founder of XerciseLab is a PAMP member and mother to three boys,” Christine explains. “She was the instructor for us, and she customized her class to combine three classes in one. We were all sore afterwards — but it was a good sore!”
Thoroughly enjoying the social aspects of the MNO volunteer role, Christine loves the opportunity to meet other members in the community. She says, “I like the concept of making some time for parents to get out and mingle. Everyone needs to let loose sometimes and unwind from the day-to-day demands of being a parent.”
Christine has been a PAMP member for about five years. She and her husband both work in tech space. They have almost five-year-old identical twin girls and a one-year-old boy. They work hard at making time for family, themselves and their friends. “We are both active in the community and with various non-profit activities. It keeps us sane — somehow!”
1. What is the last non-kid movie you saw? Elysium.
2. Are you a Bay Area native or transplant? Transplant. I have lived in SF, NYC, CT, Hong Kong, S. Korea — but the Bay Area is my favorite!
3. What’s at the top of your to-do list? Make a to-do list and prioritize. I love it when I cross something off the list!
4. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? Elmo, as I loved all his singing, especially “La la la la la la . . . Elmo’s song!”
5. Why are you a PAMP volunteer? Why not! If you’re going to be a member and want to know other fellow members, volunteering is the best way. The PAMP community is wonderful!
Each month we train the spotlight on someone who works behind the scenes for PAMP. Interested in joining the ranks? Browse our open volunteer positions, and apply today!