Melissa McGregor is PAMP’s Mail Parent. Before tackling her current position, she held the role of marketing coordinator with the communications team. A PAMP member for almost a year, Melissa says, “Volunteering has been a nice way to meet other moms.”
Her job involves monitoring the PAMP PO Box in Menlo Park, and making sure important mail is distributed to other staff and volunteers within the organization. “As part of the Finance Team, I’m responsible for making sure all mail sent to the official post office box in Menlo Park gets forwarded to the right people,” Melissa states.
“The job is pretty straight-forward — I walk to the post office once a week and check the mail!” says Melissa. “My 13-month-old, Rosie, is my assistant, and she walks with me. We usually stop and quack at the ducks in Burgess Park, which is a highlight for everyone!”
She and her husband, Patrick, moved to Menlo Park in 2013 from Chicago for a great job opportunity. They have one daughter, Rosie, who had her first birthday in early February of this year. Melissa currently works part-time from home as a marketing consultant. “We’ve loved exploring the area, in particular being able to enjoy outdoor activities year-round!” beams Melissa.
1. What is the last non-kid movie you saw? Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (And I’m still laughing about the Ghost of Stonewall Jackson.)
2. Are you a Bay Area native or transplant? Transplant. I grew up in Montana, my husband in Kentucky. We spent about 10 years in Pittsburgh before moving to Chicago for three years. We’re very glad to have moved here just before the worst Chicago winter in recent memory!
3. What’s at the top of your to-do list? Finish reading Kon-tiki (by Thor Heyerdahl, which I’m about halfway through), and transition Rosie from her infant car seat to a convertible seat. The choices are kind of overwhelming!
4. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? Grover. I still laugh every time I see Super Grover or “Neeaaarrrrr . . . Faaaarrrrr!!!”
5. Why are you a PAMP volunteer? I’ve enjoyed so many of the benefits of being a PAMP member. Being a volunteer adds a new dimension and even more ways to connect with other great moms and families.
Each month we train the spotlight on someone who works behind the scenes for PAMP. Interested in joining the ranks? Browse our open volunteer positions, and apply today!