Chloe Fung is the Graphic Designer for PAMP. She designs all marketing material for the organization, including the new PAMP postcard.
“I don’t have a regular volunteering schedule, but work as things come up,” Chloe says. “Most of my day-to-day tasks are having conversations with the communication team and making edits.
Some projects require her to start a new design. It starts with the communication team sending Chloe a brief, either for print or web, and she designs from there. Most of the time, however, it’s not designing from the beginning but rather smaller tasks like resizing the logo or assisting the team to make a file ready for production.
Some technical aspects of the job include submitting draft designs, looking at the overall layout for balance and checking that the colors are from the PAMP palette. She also works to ensure that the images and type are at the most appropriate resolution and dimensions for the project.
“I like that I can continue designing during my son’s naps,” she says.
Chloe joined PAMP in 2013, just a month after moving to Palo Alto. She and her husband were trained as industrial designers, but they now both practice user experience design. They have an 11-month-old son and a chihuahua-terrier mix dog.
1. What is the last non-kid movie you saw? The last movie at a theatre I think was Man of Steel.
2. Are you a Bay Area native or transplant? Transplant; I’m originally from southern California. I moved up to the Bay Area in 2007.
3. What’s at the top of your to-do list? While my son is napping, I hand sew bojagi (Korean patchwork) coasters.
4. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? Ernie! “Hey Bert.”
5. Why are you a PAMP volunteer? PAMP’s a great organization, and helping with design is the best way I can pitch in. I’m lucky to have found PAMP because I don’t know how else I could have transitioned from having a career to being a first-time stay-at-home mom without the support of the mommy friends I’ve made through PAMP.
Each month we train the spotlight on someone who works behind the scenes for PAMP. Interested in joining the ranks? Browse our open volunteer positions, and apply today!