As part of PAMP’s recent re-organization, Maya Herstein transitioned from the role of VP of Communications to the role of Outreach Director. “This position was formed to overlook all outreach efforts, including all communications within our PAMP community (newsletter, emails, social media) as well as outbound communications (promotions, ads, etc),” Maya says. “In addition, it is responsible for PAMP’s sponsorship program and charity giving.”
Some day-to-day tasks as Outreach Director (on the Board of Directors) include working with PAMP’s graphic designer on creating new pamphlets and postcards, coordinating with the development manager to craft new sponsorship opportunities or even just posting on PAMP’s Facebook page.
Speaking of her most recent accomplishment, Maya says, “I sat on a committee that crafted a member survey and analyzed its results to develop a plan to better meet our members needs. I also created new communications materials and completed PAMP’s 2013 annual report.” She continues, “I’m happy to see our increasing social media reach, but there is so much more to do. I’m excited for the upcoming year.”
When asked what she best likes about her role, she exclaims, “The people! PAMP’s leadership has incredible individuals who are passionate about the organization, and are also just fun to hang out with.”
Maya joined PAMP in 2012 after moving to the Peninsula from San Francisco. She and her husband love living in Menlo Park. They feel lucky to be the proud parents of 2 girls, ages three and one, who keep them busy and happy.
1. What is the last non-kid movie you saw? The Lunch Box. I recommend!
2. Are you a Bay Area native or transplant? Transplant. I’m originally from Israel but have lived in various places in the US in the past 10 years.
3. What’s at the top of your to-do list? Make a to-do list.
4. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? Burt and Ernie.
5. Why are you a PAMP volunteer? Again, I’m a fan of the people. I also feel that by giving back, I’m getting a lot back myself.
Each month we train the spotlight on someone who works behind the scenes for PAMP. Interested in joining the ranks? Browse our open volunteer positions and apply today!