Sponsorship FAQ 2013
Sponsorship Program Details
Sponsors take advantage of a full range of advertising and marketing opportunities through our website, Business Discount Program, and small events promotion.
|Online Advertising||Fixed Sidebar Ad (125x125 pixels)||Featured Article Ad in Newsletter (250x250 pixels)||Standard Article Ad in Newsletter (200x200 pixels)|
|Discounts Page||Featured Sponsor (400x400 pixels, 150 word count)||Featured Sponsor (350x350 pixels, 100 word count)||Business Card (168×281 pixels, 50 word count)|
|Small Events||All Small Events (125x125 pixels)||One Small Event (125x125 pixels)||NA|
Please read our Advertisement Image Specifications
How do I reserve a spot? Sign up here and learn about discounts and perks for long-term Sponsor contracts. Or contact email@example.com if you have any questions!
We offer online advertising opportunities on our website and e-newsletter through the Sponsorship Program.
- Premium Sponsor spot is one fixed-sidebar advertisement (125×125 pixel) with link.
- Pro Sponsor spot is a featured placement advertisement in one e-newsletter article (250×250 pixel) with link.
- Basic Sponsor spot is an advertisement in one e-newsletter article (200×200 pixel) with link.
Below: Sample Sponsor Advertisements on sidebar (left) and in article (right)
Business Discount Promotion
Discounts are one of the biggest selling points for our members. The Discounts webpage is the second most popular hit off of the homepage. We strongly encourage Sponsors to participate in this program by offering exclusive discounts to PAMP members which we advertise online.
- Basic Sponsors get a spot in our Business Card Album (168×281 pixels) plus a deal description (50 word count)
- Professional & Premium Sponsors get a Business Card as well as a spot in our Featured Sponsor Album, which also randomly displays on the sidebar under the Exclusive Member Discount section.
- Professional Sponsor Featured Sponsor advertisement (350×350 pixels) plus a deal description (100 word count)
- Premium Sponsor Featured Sponsor advertisement (400×400 pixels) plus a deal description (150 word count)
In addition to online advertising, PAMP routinely highlights our Sponsor discounts at the monthly New Member Socials.
Below: Sample Premium Sponsor Featured Sponsor layout (left) and Business Card layout (right)
PAMP hosts small monthly events such as Mother’s Night Out, New Member Social, and Kids Activities. Through the Sponsorship Program participating companies at the Pro and Premium Sponsor levels are recognized in our small event promotion.
Sponsorship opportunities for our large community events including the Preschool Fair, Moon Festival, Rummage Sale and Family Day, are not included in the Sponsorship Program and are administered separately for each event.
Sample Professional & Premium Sponsorship for Small Event (right)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the criteria for becoming a Sponsor?
Our mission is to enrich the lives of families with young children and PAMP chooses Sponsors that are aligned with our values and benefit our members. Our goal in developing business relationships is to support members to access services and resources. However, acceptance of advertising does not constitute endorsement by PAMP of any products or services. Please refer to our Terms of Service for more details.
How many Sponsorship spots are available? How is ad placement decided?
There are a limited number of advertising spots available (a maximum of 25 slots every month), including:
- 4 Premium Sponsors
- 7 Professional Sponsors
- 14 Basic Sponsors
Sponsorship advertising spots are first-come, first-serve. We do our best to accommodate businesses by linking their advertisements to relevant articles, pairing advertisement with articles that Sponsors have authored, and when available giving Premium Sponsors their preferred spots on the side-bar (i.e. top right, top left, bottom left, bottom right).
Do I have to write an article for the newsletter to accompany my advertisement?
No! Sponsors are not responsible for producing or sourcing articles. PAMP publishes one new “issue” a month, with about six newsletter articles per issue. We do not have in-house writers instead we work with writers from our membership and community. If you are interested in submitting an article, please review the Submission Guidelines.
I’d like to sign a longer contract, do I have to run my ads consecutively?
No, advertisements do not need to run consecutively. For many companies, business is cyclical and we try to accommodate their changing needs. Assuming availability, businesses with longer Sponsorship contracts (3- and 6-months) are able to designate which months they wish to run their adds – and their advertising schedule is outlined in our agreement.
What size and type of advertising files do you accept? Where do I find information about your advertising specifications and who do I submit images to?
All the details about our advertising image specifications are available on our Advertising Image Specifications page. We accept png and jpg files (max 7 MB), the sizes vary depending on the type of sponsorship but are sized in pixels (px). All advertising images are due seven (7) days prior to the contract start date and sponsors can upload their images online on the Sponsor Page (password protected).
What forms of payment are accepted?
PAMP accepts payment by checks only (at this time we do not accept payment by credit card or PayPal.) Our standard terms are 15 days, so payment is due 15 days from the date of the invoice (unless otherwise specified). Be advised that late payment may result in the loss of your sponsorship spot(s).
Please make checks payable to: Parents’ Club of Palo Alto & Menlo Park and mail them with a copy of the invoice to:
171 Main Street, #171
Los Altos, CA 94022
Does PAMP offer exclusivity agreements to sponsors?
PAMP does not to offer exclusivity agreements to Sponsors, as it would limit information about community resources and effectively compromise our ability to fulfill our mission.
However, we do aim to work with a diverse spectrum of Sponsors within each sponsor level. When possible, we try to represent different types of services and products, so for example, we would like to have each Premium Sponsor fall into a different type of business category such as parent education center, museum, yoga studio, and photography services.
We emphasize that we can only encourage and strive for business diversity in the Sponsorship Program and cannot guarantee businesses will be the only one in their category. Sponsorship is first come, first serve and the best way to secure a spot is through a long-term contract of 3-months or 6-months.
How large is the PAMP membership and what are the club demographics?
Our membership fluctuates around 3,000 members plus their children and spouses. Our base consists of highly-educated, affluent, professional parents who all want the best for their children.
- 29% reside in Palo Alto, 22% in Menlo Park, 11% Mountain View, 10% Los Altos
- 70% work outside of the home full- or part-time
- 59% are between 30 to 39 years old
- 48% have a Masters or JD, 31% have a 4-year college degree, and 19% have a Ph.D., MD or Post-Doctorate degree.
- Two or fewer children under the age of five
- 230 new/renewing members join every month!
How many hits to you get on your website?
- Just over fifty percent (53%) of our website visitors are new.
- The majority of PAMP’s web visitors are on the Peninsula, and we continue to attract a growing national and international online community. Our top five web visitor locations include: Palo Alto, San Francisco, Menlo Park, Sunnyvale, and Mountain View.
- Forty-two percent is referral traffic, 30% is direct traffic and 29% search engine.
- On average we have about 150-300 hits per day, and roughly 13,000 page views per month.
- The average visitor spends about 2.5 minutes on the site.
More questions? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This website has been tested for compatibility with the following browsers: Firefox 3-5, Chrome 11-13, Opera 9, Internet Explorer 7 -9, Safari 4- 5